Document printing and email distribution
For a European authority, Infotel developed and implemented a mixed document printing (more than 300,000 pages per day) and email copy distribution system.
- collection of printing requests/distribution from the Internet or the application operating in client server mode
- submission of requests to a printing agent operated by the SGML format file manager
- interpretation of the SGML file, obtaining of documentary record documents, formatting of PostScript file and sending to printers
- for a distribution request, building of a PDF file which is sent to a mail generator as well as the email address of the recipient, message encoding in MIME format
- and transmission to a transport agent (sendmail) which sends it to the messaging server.