A Significant Reduction in Reorganization Costs
- Ultra-rapid parallel reorganizations
- all necessary processes, in parallel, that are generally performed one after the other (Index reorganization, Full Image Copy, RUNSTATS)
- with the help of a patented sort, developed by Infotel (Partial Index Scan), InfoReorg considerably reduces reorganization time
Furthermore, InfoReorg, by working outside DB2, significantly reduces the CPU and ELAPSED times needed for reorganization.
A user-friendly ISPF interface for:
- Selecting DB2 objects for reorganizing
- Suitable JCL generation and storage.
InfoReorg manages the resources required for reorganization.
A Simple operating mode
- Tables pace and/or Index data is read to be reorganized. It is rewritten reorganized.
- A Before Copy Image may be taken
- Creates one or more Full Image Copies
- A reorganization notification appears in the DB2 catalogue
- Creates a catalogue update file for RUNSTATS data
- Publishes an execution report
- InfoReorg recreates, on reorganisation, much more efficient compression dictionaries
- InfoReorg adjusts the number of free pages around upgrade accumulation points in tables and/or indices.
- InfoReorg dynamically allocates primary and secondary quantities required for DB2 objects