Deliveries management including on-site security, validating and processing custom declarations
ABOUT THE CLIENT
The Client is a European division of Japanese automobile manufacturer specialising in the manufacturing and distribution in the UK market. The Client is the 2nd largest UK car manufacturer producing over 500 000 cars early and employing 7000 staff directly just in the UK.
- Full transformation from inefficient spreadsheets and phone-calls to dynamic all-in-one digital solution
- Building an intuitive interface providing tools for management and monitoring of timeslots, doors capacity and delivery status in factory-wide level
- Providing a holistic solution for delivery scheduling processes across the world alongside with site monitoring
- Developing a system that generates valid customs declarations according to Brexit guidelines
- Replacing the inefficiencies of the spreadsheets and phone-calls with the dynamic, adaptive digital solution
- Building a web console for supply logistics management, integrating requests and views (suppliers/hauliers) with tools for management and approval by manufacturer’s admins and door owners
- Transport plan upload with data enrichment and validations on intuitive interface providing tools for management that monitors available timeslots, calculates doors capacity and delivery status factory-wide
- Angular 7 standalone framework with HTML5 and CSS3, Material design UI, and NGRX store for front-end data management
- Java REST services (Spring)
- JBoss, Java V2 back-end logic
- PostgreSQL database
- 1 Full-stack Developer
- 1 Project Manager
- 3 Business users (United Kingdom, Spain, Russia)
After the technical audit performed by our team, we gave the Client an objective perspective on their framework and offered a roadmap to the implementation of new system. In addition to the successful implementation of new solution, we provided recommendations that allowed Client to make several other optimisations to their system.
As a result of the partnership, we created a web application that manages supply chain of the company and guarantees security in the plants in addition to processing and validating Customs declarations. This project is another example of strong business engagement and in particular across different international plants (UK, Spain and Russia) to deliver a successful outcome. This is a strong illustration of Infotel’s commitment and expertise in stakeholder management.
EXPERTS SAYS :
“It’s been a great experience working closely with the team at (Client name) and I have found that this has really helped to tailor the application for warehouse staff and suppliers”.