Custom made sales and operational planning tool to provide MPV interim solution
ABOUT THE CLIENT
The Client is a European division of Japanese automobile manufacturer specialising in the manufacturing and distribution in the UK market. The Client is the 2nd largest UK car manufacturer producing over 500 000 cars early and employing 7000 staff directly just in the UK.
- Seamless replacement of retiring Steelwedge software with fit-for-purpose sales and operational planning tool
- Integrating delivery data with orders, sales, and supplies volumes from mainframe to maintain app functionality at MVP
- Providing an interim replacement of Client’s underperforming and costly software for sales and volumes forecast and analysis, whilst custom software is under development.
- Delivering a performant replacement system to hand-and-fast project deadline that delivers core functionalities whilst maintaining operations.
- Build a fully functioning web application to fulfil Client’s sales and operational management requirements by implementing core system functionalities so that Steelwedge software can be replaced at cut-off date
- Upload of lead-time data (excel spreadsheets) by Client’s users to integrate delivery data with orders, sales, and supply volumes from mainframe to maintain app functionality at MVP
- Developing a sales and operational planning tool (NES&OP) to provide MVP interim solution without placing undue pressure on Client’s workflow
- Angular, HTMLS, CSS3
- Java REST services (Spring)
- Java Controller (JBoss)
- PostgreSQL database, PSQL logic
- Replicator sync system from mainframe to PostgreSQL DB
- Scheduled data extract from mainframe static data
- 1 Project Manager
- 2 Full-Stack Developers
- 2 Front-end Developers
- 1 Database Architect
- 1 Mainframe Technician
- 2 Product Owners
This project is an example of digital transformation project, where Infotel drove the technical design and implementation of a bespoke solution. This project comprised a significant level of mainframe development with experts holding more than 20 years of experience in developing mainframe solutions for the Client. The outcome of this project was a huge year-on-year saving in licensing costs which were incurred by the third party Steelwedge software.
EXPERTS SAYS :
“Our technical expertise on “semantic web” technologies as well as our practice-based knowledge that were acquired over the years in the automotive sector have enabled us to support our client as closely as possible to his specific needs in the development of the technical solution with very high economic stakes for the multinational auto manufacturing group”.