Data Remediation and GDPR compliance solution
ABOUT THE CLIENT
The Client is a retail bank based in United Kingdom specialising in the range of financial services such as savings and investment products, mortgages, credit cards, insurance and pensions. in the UK market. The Client’s client base is more than 3.34 million customers across UK.
- The solution is deployed independently of Client’s applications, reducing overall risk and impact on the core business with an accelerated time to market and lower overall cost.
- Data relating to individuals was scattered across the IT estate, meaning understanding and sizing the problem was a difficult task.
- There was a large number of databases to be addressed, all requiring a bespoke solution for both deletion and anonymisation which can be very costly.
- There was a large amount of technical debt and shadow IT, resulting in a poor understanding of where personal data existed.
- The business wanted a solution that would not interfere with applications, a bespoke solution would present major risk to business continuity and require extensive testing
- We worked with the business to address risk strategically, allowing greatest risk exposure to be prioritised.
- A network of configurable agents was deployed, no bespoke development and a repeatable solution resulted in an accelerated time to market and lower overall cost.
- Our dedicated integration team performed business and impact analysis, using our proven framework with quality assurance as a standard.
- deepeo is deployed independently of your applications, reducing overall risk and impact on your core business.
- PostgreSQL database
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SAP connector, Siebel connector
- IBM DB2
- Desktop application interface
- Deep learning software
- 2 Data analysts
- 3 Developers
- 1 Project manager
- 1 Tester
- 1 Technical lead
- Project Plans were structured and informed
- Roll out of remediation was de-risked
- Massive cost reductions were realised
- Resources were freed to focus on quality and assurance
EXPERTS SAYS :
“When it comes to GDPR, it goes without saying that companies need to employ and adopt the best systems and procedures to manage their customer data. This solution makes it easy to control your data without the need to be technically minded”.
Data Protection Officer, Client side