Design and deployment of data visualisation tool for internal communication and reporting
ABOUT THE CLIENT
The Client designs, manufactures and sells civil and military aerospace products worldwide and manufactures aircraft in Europe and various countries outside Europe. The company is the world’s largest airliner manufacturer and is a component of the Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index.
- Developed a communication and visualisation web application to increase the employee wellbeing, collaboration intensification, personal efficiency, and customer experience.
- Deployment of the project to 5,500 people.
To meet the new aspirations of employees, the Client set up a goal to develop new ways of working to increase employee engagement, invest in employee wellbeing, create operational efficiency, and limit the time of changeover. The Client had a demand for setting up a data-visualisation tool while emphasising the monitoring of employee satisfaction within the company, customer, and supplier communication ecosystem. We have taken a task of developing a data-visualisation tool to deliver employee wellbeing, collaboration intensification, personal efficiency, and customer experience increase that entailed challenges:
- Create availability of adding new KPIs on storyboards
- Creation of personalised dashboards to present KPIs and visualise key metrics
- Developing a responsive and real-time application
- Deployment of the tool to the S department of 5,500 people
- Development of an offline mode
- Create an ergonomic, intuitive application
- Display of indicators in real time
- Interactive construction of a personalised dashboard
- Responsive web application adapted to mobile devices
- Monitor the progress of the Client customer PULSE program against the set objectives
- Determine more effectively the contribution of each project to strategic objectives
- Replace Excel and PowerPoint reports with a single user-friendly, interactive tool
- .NET MVC
- IIS server
- Connecting to SharePoint
- Front-end: Angular 4, JQuery
- Scrum Agile Sprints
- 3 Design and Development engineers
- 1 UX Designer
CLIENT EXPERT SAYS :
“The mainframe of the project was executed in 4 months, then the team switched to MCO and “continuous improvement” mode. The large volume (+500,000 elements, links and large, connected population) required modifying certain functions of the core of the product to optimize performance. The solution is operational, connected to Remedy ITSM to feed the CMDB of this tool and fulfils its objectives of agility and rationalization”.