App development for one-stop-shop Health and Safety system, accessible factory-wide with the ability to record, review and manage incidents, address issues, and apply and track long-term solutions
ABOUT THE CLIENT
The Client is a European division of automobile manufacturer specialising in the manufacturing and distribution in the UK market. The Client is the 2nd largest UK car manufacturer producing over 500 000 cars early and employing 7000 staff directly just in the UK.
- Developed a suite of apps for managing all aspects of safety – incidents, remediation, and audits – within car manufacturing plants that follows user journeys for investigating and reporting incidents (from near misses to injuries affecting workplace health), actioning countermeasures, and post-incident follow-up and sign-off.
Replace a paper system of form-filling and in-trays with a one-stop-shop H&S system, accessible factory-wide for in-place response, with the ability to record, review and manage incidents, address issues, and apply and track long-term solutions.
- Console dashboard comprising several web applications developed to capture and track the where, when, what, who and why of incidents and provide easy-to-action countermeasures.
- Mobile/tablet app interfaces for in-place reporting requirements (anyone, anywhere), with summary view for desktop management.
- In-app ability to raise permits for repairs / maintenance
Working with the client, seek to understand user needs and requirements for health & safety processes, map user journeys and via an agile development process of 2-weekly sprints, develop apps with intuitive UI for desktop and tablet to manage H&S response and processes end-to-end. Incorporates a shared application for the assignment of countermeasures raised as part of auditing processes.
- Develop applications to capture and track the where, when, what, who and why of incidents and provide easy-to-action countermeasures
- Interface with the client’s single-sign-on and mobile security systems
- Build a suite of apps following several user journeys for investigating and reporting incidents, actioning countermeasures, post-incident follow-up and sign-off
- Create desktop dashboard, summary views and admin tools
- Angular 7, HTML5, CSS3
- Java REST services (Spring)
- Java, back-end logic
- PostgreSQL database
- Spring security
- Citrix wraparound for mobile devices
- 1 Project Manager
- 1 Front-end developer
- 1 Java developer
- 1 Database developer
The Safety Management System, developed by Infotel UK, is a suite of apps for managing all aspects of safety – incidents, remediation, and audits – within car manufacturing plants. The apps follow several user journeys improving on paper processes for investigating and reporting incidents (from near misses to injuries affecting workplace health), actioning countermeasures, and post-incident follow-up and sign-off.
UI SIMPLICITY Incident forms have been designed for ease and immediacy, enabling users to respond with speed and accuracy. Contextual and auto-filled data from lookups allows the when-where-who details to be added rapidly. Decision-making is straightforward (switches, traffic-light indicators, contextual requirements) – with expansion for in-depth reporting and detailed comments.
DYNAMIC PROCESSING – digitisation from paper is not a like-for-like replication of forms, but involves the build of end-to-end processing, from report and remediation – interfacing with countermeasures – to evaluation and approval by various required parties (access-controlled by user role). In-app status indicators highlight progress.
SUMMARY SCREENS provide filterable overview access to H&S issue status overviews for each app concern; traffic-light flags highlight risk concerns and status. Excel downloads of filtered summaries.
USER ROLES provide regulated permissions to govern required actions – from plant-wide ability to raise incidents, supervisor access for event handling, to super-admin access for management.
COMMUNICATIONS based on email technology, auto-generating notifications for countermeasures assignment, flagging status changes and authorisations.
PERMITS for contractors to conduct maintenance/repair work can be issued direct from SMS; permits can be cloned with new data to create specifications in-situ for new requirements.