Web application development for emissions and consumption vehicle tests data storage, automatically uploaded nightly from regional business units, displaying the data for audit consumption
ABOUT THE CLIENT
The Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) is a global standard for determining the levels of pollutants, CO2 emissions and fuel consumption of traditional and hybrid cars, as well as the range of fully electric vehicles.
The WLTP was adopted by the Inland Transport Committee of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe.
- Built a web application that extracts data into the central database, whose interface gives transparent, access to an audit history of emissions & consumptions, with the ability to filter data sets for each model and its variants.
- The project deployed in client factories Europe-wide.
Regulations for Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicle Test Procedure compliance require a transparent, accessible, and comprehensive system which had own challenges:
- Address the regulatory requirement for car manufacturers to record and present real-driving measurements of car outputs that takes into account consumption for every vehicle spec (model variation) across different speeds.
- Import data from ASCII files and merge to audit history
- Create web interface to enable data sets for vehicle model and corresponding end items to be filtered in drill-down views
- Make complex data easy and transparent to access
- Provide administration tools for manual interventions; creation and regulation of users
Built a web application that extracts data into the central database, whose interface gives transparent, access to an audit history of emissions & consumptions, with the ability to filter data sets for each model and its variants. The data is also exposed as an API for regulated external consumption.
- Automate data imports to PostgreSQL database, checking data integrity, and merging to audit history
- Using PSQL logic to deliver data sets for specific queries, create a front-end for viewing data & API for regulated consumption
- AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3
- Java REST services (Spring) + Java Controller
- PostgreSQL database, with PSQL programming
- Scheduled nightly data extract Stonebranch automation)
- 1 Project Manager
- 1 Front-end developer
- 1 Java developer
- 1 Database developer
The WLTP Central Database stores data auto-uploaded in flat files (ASCII) direct from Auto Manufacturer Emissions tests, output in a web application and regulated API developed by Infotel, for Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicle Test Procedure compliance. The application manages storage, consumption and access rights to emissions & consumption tests data for each and every current, past and new vehicle variant.
- Nightly scheduled extract of test data from ASCII files (per regional business unit) to relational database, merged to audit history
- Enable viewers to filter and drill down to test datasets, with unit conversion calculations applied
- Enable admins to make modifications (file upload) and access version history, as well as assign user permissions & API access rights
Project delivered in Agile development process, 2-weekly sprints and deployed in client factories Europe-wide.