Maintenance & development for the “S” department covering the entire project cycle: design, build, deploy and respond to production emergencies
ABOUT THE CLIENT
The Client is a European division of Japanese automobile manufacturer specialising in the manufacturing and distribution in the UK market. The Client is the 2nd largest UK car manufacturer producing over 500 000 cars early and employing 7000 staff directly just in the UK.
- Currently we manage more than 160 software development projects for the Client and supported the Client for more than 10 years
The Client launched the RFP Big One entailing maintenance & development for the “S” department that required us taking responsibility for the development part. The main challenges were:
- Moving from the SWGR/CAGR model to the GPP and its variations (Agile/Light).
- Transformation in the organisation and roles between the Client & Infotel, mainly outsourcing ISPL role from internal to us.
- Responsibility for installation & deployment
- Currently we manage more than 160 software development projects for the Client.
- Secure, optimal transition phase with consistent monitoring, control, and continuous reporting.
- With the focus on resource management and transformation we delivered a robust organisation management compatible with a commercial director, transition director, COTS manager, and security manager needs and requirements.
- Management of technical and functional skills with regular evaluation.
- More than 10 years of support on Client’s SVI, we became the masters and experts of Client’s technical environment.
- 3D engines
- Graphic software
- MS Share Point 2013
- Office VBA
- MS Excel Advanced
- MS Access
- Visual Studio
- Visual Basic 6
During this time-tested partnership our expertise covered areas:
- TMA plateau, lump sum commitment
- Development: Define, Develop & Deploy in Agile mode
- Tech support, Consultancy and sharing expertise
- Resumption of new applications
- Service management
- Improved service model with reduced costs
- Capitalization and industrialisation through a multinational approach
- Service Level Commitment (SLA)
CLIENT EXPERT SAYS :
“The ISPL role is to be the manager of the Information System. Concretely, we participate in the MCO (Maintenance of Operational Conditions) of the software, we also participate in the evolution of software functionalities. In other words, still in partnership with the Client, we design, produce, deploy, and respond to production emergencies (Infra and also data), we are on the entire project cycle. Each of our actions is, of course, shared and reviewed with the Client before launching. It is therefore a very complete role which puts us in contact with different types of actors and different processes, both internally and externally. Internally, I rely on very technically competent colleagues whose skills range from Unix to functional software”.